Aqueduc de Carpentras
Historic site and monument, Classical, Classified (CMN) in Carpentras
Warning: Unsecured hours
In the 18th century, after the Plague in 1720, the architect Antoine D'Allemand built a huge 729 m aqueduct, thereby providing the town with abundant drinking water.
As early as the 14th century, Carpentras boasted beautiful fountains supplied by a medieval aqueduct that brought water from the Caromb Springs.
- See all reviews
- Free access.