Tende

Chapel of the Annunciation and Ascension of the Lord

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Classified (CMN) in Tende

  • Consacrata nel 1621, è dedicata all'Annunciazione e all'Ascensione del Signore. Riccamente arredata con una pala d'altare in legno intagliato policromo con colonne tortili e cariatidi. Venite a contemplare l'arte barocca di questo magnifico edificio.

  • Built in 1621, it has a beautifully preserved baroque altarpiece with twisted columns, atlases supporting the capitals and a vine running along the columns.
    The processional accessories are authentic and therefore date back to the 17th c. The bulbous bell tower with coloured glazed tiles also recalls the Bysantine style (see Chapel of the Mercy of the Black Penitents).
  • Environment

    • Village centre
  • Spoken languages