See photos (4)
Chapelle de Sainte-Croix
Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Chapel, Roman, 17th C in Martigues
Warning: Unsecured hours
Built in the 17th century. Just in front of it remains a ruin, that of the old chapel from the 12th century.
Built on the site where Saint Lazarus once planted a Cross.
The pilgrimage of Holy Cross was very famous.
In 1832, the place welcomed the Duchess of Berry.
Three brotherhoods from Martigues came barefoot to do penance on May 3 and September 14.
- Close to GR footpath
- Beach within 300 m
- Sea view
Contact by email
- See all reviews