See photos (2)

Square des Ormeaux

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Square in Tourtour

  • On the village square, two large elms have stood for centuries and their plantation dates back to when Anne of Austria passed through our village.

  • Louis XIV and his mother Anne of Austria came in February 1659 to Cotignac to thank for the birth of Louis XIV, 21 years earlier.
    In 1638, Anne of Austria, going on a pilgrimage of thanksgiving to Cotignac, stops at Tourtour. On this occasion the two elms trees are planted on the village square: they are called the "Ormeaux Sully".

    These two huge elms trees were cut, about 35 years ago as a result of an incurable disease called graphiosis and were replaced by two big olive trees.
  • Spoken languages

Openings

Openings

  • All year
    Opened Everyday
Our suggestions