See photos (2)

Beffroi

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Keep in Carpentras

  • The bell tower in Carpentras, only visible from the front, marks the location of the first town hall and was built by Blaise Lescuyer, the master builder for the cathedral, in 1470 using the famous stone from nearby Caromb. The tower was raised in 1572 to hold the wrought-iron campanile designed by Nicolas Calis.
  • Spoken languages

    • English
Our suggestions