Le Temple

Le temple de l'église Réformée

Historic site and monument, Temple, Religious heritage in Sanary-sur-Mer
  • The presence of the Protestant cult in Sanary began in 1923 with the installation of a tent for conferences on the current site of the shipyard in Les Baux.

  • Subsequently, Pastor Arthur Juillard ministered in a wooden chapel, which was moved to the current site. It was the birthplace of a Protestant parish that would continue to grow.

    On April 25, 1942, Pastor Marc Boegner, President of the Reformed Church of France, inaugurated the current temple.

    Madeleine Valloton was the inspiration for the Provençal style and proportions. It chose the architect Fornari to carry out the work. Shortly before the liberation, when part of Sanary was...
    Subsequently, Pastor Arthur Juillard ministered in a wooden chapel, which was moved to the current site. It was the birthplace of a Protestant parish that would continue to grow.

    On April 25, 1942, Pastor Marc Boegner, President of the Reformed Church of France, inaugurated the current temple.

    Madeleine Valloton was the inspiration for the Provençal style and proportions. It chose the architect Fornari to carry out the work. Shortly before the liberation, when part of Sanary was destroyed by German troops, the temple, like the presbytery, was spared.

    Ecumenism practiced before the hour, the presbyteral council decided to graciously lend the temple to the Catholic parish, whose church is in an evacuated zone. On Sundays, one hour is reserved for Protestant worship.

    Renovated in 2004, it has been expanded to include a cultural space dedicated to conferences and concerts.
  • Environment
    • In centre of town
    • Town location
  • Spoken languages
    • French
Services
  • Equipment
    • Parking
Openings
Openings
  • All year
    Opened Everyday
Nos suggestions
decouvrir-paca-istock.jpg
Get Inspired
quefaire-paca-istock.jpg
Things to do
sejourner-paca-istock.jpg
Plan your Stay