See photos (2)

The door of Arles

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Door, Classified in Istres
  • A listed historical monument. The Portail d’Arles was constructed between 1771 and 1773 on the site of the old entrance in the collapsed ramparts.

  • The portal of Arles was built by the master masons Jean Tabusteau of Istres and François Peytrau de St Mitre with stones from a local quarry. Slightly concave in shape, its anterior surface of great sobriety, is decorated with two flower garlands. The arch rests on two pillars and his Keystone is decorated with a coat of arms of Louis XV style. A great short ledge at the top of the monument.

    Accessible for disabled
  • Environment
    • Close to a motorway
    • In centre of town
    • Town location
    • Close to a public transportation
    • Bus station under 300 m
    • Bus stop < 500 m
    • Landing stage less than 500 m
  • Accessibility
    • Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
  • Equipment
    • Car park
    • Parking
    • Coach parking
  • Services
    • Pets welcome
  • All year 2023
    Open Everyday