See photos (2)

Clock Tower

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, Tower, 16th C in La Cadière-d'Azur

  • Built in the 16th century, it is narrow (2,6 meters at the side base) and runs for about 20 meters. It is topped by a pretty wrought iron campanile.

  • The clock :
    _ 1540 : purchase of metal by City Council
    _ Manufacture of the clock by the locksmith of the Cadiere
    The tower :
    _ built in 1551 outside of the second walls
    _ the bell (10quintals, 450kg and rings the G) : melted by Jehan Ardisson "smelter for the king" in Marseille, transported in 9 days to the harbor of the Lecques by boat. It is laid in 1585. It also has a beautiful campanile in wrought iron.
  • Environment

    • Close to a motorway
    • Close to a public transportation
    • Village centre
    • Bus stop < 500 m
  • Spoken languages

    • English
Services
  • Equipment

    • Car park
    • Coach parking
  • Services

    • Pets welcome
      • Tenus en laisse
Our suggestions