An emblem of Nice cuisine, Socca is a cross between a rustic flatbread and pancake, made with olive oil and chickpea flour. Inspired by an Italian recipe and very easy to make, it oozes flavours of the South and the atmosphere of Nice’s gorgeous old quarter.
- 250 g chickpea flour
- 50 cl water
- 3 tablespoons fruity olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour, salt and olive oil. Add the water gradually to avoid making lumps.
- Pour the preparation onto a well-oiled baking tray (the preparation should not be more than 3 mm thick)
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 275°C
- Place the baking tray on the top oven rack. After 2 minutes, switch to “grill” function and cook for a further 7 minutes. The Socca should be golden brown
- Remove from the oven, cut the Socca into slices, sprinkle with pepper and savour hot. Bon appétit!