

The Town Hall, located on Place de l'Horloge, was built in the 19th century.
Read moreShow less
The foundation stone for the current building was laid in 1845 by the town's architect, Joseph-Auguste Joffroy. The new building borrowed the antique vocabulary in vogue at the time, provoking considerable controversy among the great defenders of local heritage, supported by Mérimée. The Tour Jacquemart was thus preserved. It is the last remaining example of the old Albano livery, which had housed the town hall since 1447.
Inaugurated in 1851, the town hall continues to be modified. In 1856, architect Feuchère added a balcony to the façade, supported by Corinthian columns, and increased the number of columns inside the peristyle, which was later topped by a glass roof.
As the heart of the city, the hall still imposes its grandeur and preserves its memory.
Two large marble plaques commemorate the liberation of Vaucluse on August 25, 1944 by General de Lattre de Tassigny (1st floor), and the list of victims of the 1944 air raids (hall). These memorabilia, engraved in marble, recall the historic events of the period. Numerous other plaques scattered around the town honor the memory of the victims and the courage of the fighters. In particular, the plaque on the Pont Daladier commemorates the success of a daring operation that enabled the French to cross the Rhône and advance northwards.
Inaugurated in 1851, the town hall continues to be modified. In 1856, architect Feuchère added a balcony to the façade, supported by Corinthian columns, and increased the number of columns inside the peristyle, which was later topped by a glass roof.
As the heart of the city, the hall still imposes its grandeur and preserves its memory.
Two large marble plaques commemorate the liberation of Vaucluse on August 25, 1944 by General de Lattre de Tassigny (1st floor), and the list of victims of the 1944 air raids (hall). These memorabilia, engraved in marble, recall the historic events of the period. Numerous other plaques scattered around the town honor the memory of the victims and the courage of the fighters. In particular, the plaque on the Pont Daladier commemorates the success of a daring operation that enabled the French to cross the Rhône and advance northwards.
The foundation stone for the current building was laid in 1845 by the town's architect, Joseph-Auguste Joffroy. The new building borrowed the antique vocabulary in vogue at the time, provoking considerable controversy among the great defenders of local heritage, supported by Mérimée. The Tour Jacquemart was thus preserved. It is the last remaining example of the old Albano livery, which had housed the town hall since 1447.
Inaugurated in 1851, the town hall continues to be modified. In...
Inaugurated in 1851, the town hall continues to be modified. In...