Le mas

  • Historic site and monument
  • Farmhouse
  • 19th C
Route de Cavaillon, Rue du 19 Mars 1962, 13750 Plan-d'Orgon
The first Provençal building in the village, it appears on the land registry as early as 1830. Three dates recall its history: 1670 on the basket-handle arch; 1770 on the lintel of the entrance door; and 1869 on one of the windows of the first floor. The municipality bought the building in 2008 and decided to restore it. A «compagnon du devoir» participated in its renovation for all stone-cutting
work. Inside, a «tapie» wall has been preserved. In the past, buildings were constructed using «tapies», which means compacted raw earth. «This rehabilitation of the Mas was awarded the «Les rubans du patrimoine» prize in 2017.» Today, the Mas is a building used for exhibitions, concerts, and official wedding celebrations.
The first Provençal building in the village, it appears on the land registry as early as 1830. Three dates recall its history: 1670 on the basket-handle arch; 1770 on the lintel of the entrance door; and 1869 on one of the windows of the first floor. The municipality bought the building in 2008 and decided to restore it. A «compagnon du devoir» participated in its renovation for all stone-cutting
work. Inside, a «tapie» wall has been preserved. In the past, buildings were constructed using...

Location

Location

Le mas
Route de Cavaillon, Rue du 19 Mars 1962, 13750 Plan-d'Orgon
Updated on 03 November 2023 at 11:19
by Office de Tourisme Intercommunal de Terre de Provence
(Offer identifier : 5538385)