


Read moreShow less
This Baroque-style theatre is a former church which belonged to the Friars Preachers. In 1333, having abandoned Jarnègues Island, they settled in the St Nicolas district of Tarascon, where they were given St Jean Batiste Chapel. They replaced it with a very beautiful church, dedicated to the same Saint. In 1825, the chapel was transformed into a theatre, which was officially inaugurated in 1828. It was destroyed by a fire in 1884. The reconstruction of the theatre began in 1887. The façade was completely recreated and a huge, deep stage was built. The theatre now puts on high-quality performances and accommodates large numbers of spectators.
Accessible for disabled
Accessible for disabled
This Baroque-style theatre is a former church which belonged to the Friars Preachers. In 1333, having abandoned Jarnègues Island, they settled in the St Nicolas district of Tarascon, where they were given St Jean Batiste Chapel. They replaced it with a very beautiful church, dedicated to the same Saint. In 1825, the chapel was transformed into a theatre, which was officially inaugurated in 1828. It was destroyed by a fire in 1884. The reconstruction of the theatre began in 1887. The façade...