Chapelle Saint Charles-Saint Claude (17th century)

  • Historic site and monument
  • Religious heritage
  • Chapel
Chemin Sainte-Claire 06570 Saint-Paul
During the 17th century, the old country chapel was founded by two gentlemen from Saint-Paul de Vence.
In 1695, the bishop of Vence, Monseigneur Cabannes de Viens made a pastoral visit to Saint-Paul de Vence. He wrote that Chapelle Saint Charles-Saint Claude had been “erected recently”. Founded by royal judge Claude Barcillon and member of the village's bourgeoisie Charles Raymond, the chapel was dedicated to the patron saints of both of its founders. In recent years, a painter from Nice named Paul Conte produced a series of colourful mural paintings inspired by the lives of Saint-Claude du...

Location

Chapelle Saint Charles-Saint Claude (17th century)
Chemin Sainte-Claire 06570 Saint-Paul

Spoken languages

  • French
Updated on 18 October 2018 at 15:53
by Office de tourisme de Saint-Paul-de-Vence
(Offer identifier : 4802853)
Report mistake
Report mistake
Thanks. Your message has been sent.
Une erreur est survenue lors de l'envoi du formulaire.
Close