Eglise de la Mission de France Saint Pie X

  • Historic site and monument
  • Religious heritage
  • Church
  • Baroque
44 Rue Tapis Vert 13001 Marseille 1er
Church built under Louis XIV between 1648 and 1673 by the Lazarists during the expansion of the city. This church remained in this state until about 1840.
Closed during the Revolution, it became national property and was put up for sale in 1795. It was rented to the "Poor Clares" ( les Clarisses) from 1806 to 1833, then entrusted to the Jesuits by Bishop Eugène de Mazenod in 1839. The latter undertook its restoration from 1844 onwards. It was in fact a real reconstruction which completely changed the appearance of the building.

In 1860 Désiré Michel, a cement manufacturer, created the very original façade that we can still see today. Organ...
Services
Pets welcome
Location
Eglise de la Mission de France Saint Pie X
44 Rue Tapis Vert 13001 Marseille 1er
Environment
  • Close to a public transportation
  • Subway station < 500 m
Updated on 12 April 2022 at 14:22
by Office de Tourisme des Loisirs et des Congrès de Marseille
(Offer identifier : 5537879)
Report mistake
Report mistake
Thanks. Your message has been sent.
Une erreur est survenue lors de l'envoi du formulaire.
Close