This traditional 19th century landscaped garden was Olbius Hippolyte Antoine Riquier’s gift to the town in 1868. It comprises of 17 acres of lawns, large trees, winding alleys and even a lake and a greenhouse designed for tropical plants and birds. A convention linking it to Paris’ Jardin d’Acclimatation defines the garden as a place to grow, create and study the adaptation of tropical species to the climate of the region. The garden plans were drawn in 1869 by landscape architects Pierre Barillet-Deschamps and Georges Aumont who also worked on many Parisian gardens. Many exotic species of palm trees, bamboos and succulents are found there, as are a small zoo and a playground for children.