This oratory has a square pillar, masonry made of squared and seated rubble stones, and mortar-weighed. Its niche is formed by four large ashlars and receives the votive statuette of the Virgin.
This niche is closed by an iron grille, behind which a riveted marble plaque bearing the name of the saint can be seen. Its roof consists of a gable roof made of two large flat stones.
The present oratory replaces an old oratory of 1840 dedicated to Saint Joseph which was located before the construction of the dam of Sainte Croix, on the road from Fontaine l'évêque to Sambuc.
In 1975, the oratory was moved in cooperation with E.D.F. and the association of the...