The inhabitants, particularly anglers, of the village of Saint-Nazaire, built this chapel in 1560.
From the beginning, a hermit lived, maintained and watched over the grain there: he had to ring the bell in case of bad weather, storms and fog in order to facilitate the return to port. It also warned the village in case of the arrival of enemy ships.
In 1707, a guard post was established there: the Duke of Savoy was feared.
In 1720, an infirmary was opened to the plague victims.
In 1870, it was used to rest wounded people from the Franco-Prussian war.
Sold as a national property in...